Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election

It is gorgeous today.  The sky is beyond blue, the air is warm and still.  
I walked in the sunshine to my neighbor's garage to submit my ballot.  
In California, the biggest news will be the announcement of the new Governor...Meg Whitman or Jerry Brown?  (I had a Jerry Brown sighting when I was twenty-something and he was running the city of Oakland. He was in a bar in the Mission District of San Francisco, standing next to me, drink in hand, partying with the young people. Random.) 
In Carlsbad, we are electing a new Mayor for the first time in 24 years.  
Big shoes to fill as I have read reports that Carlsbad is considered one of the state's best managed cities.  I myself, am very happy to live here and think it is a very well-planned community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment